Sunday, October 13, 2019

she said my spirit doesn't move like it did before

I got a lot done today, but unfortunately almost none of it was writing. Instead, I was up and at 'em by nine, and then I did five hours of work for the day job (with a break to make an omelette, which was the only nice thing about that span of time). I had meant to get stuff done on Friday before leaving, but instead I took a lot of time packing, getting my house ready, etc. And I couldn't really delay any of it any more, so I had to get stuff done. Still, as someone who almost always refuses to work on weekends and also doesn't work on vacation, working on a weekend vacation day felt like a real kick in the teeth.

sssanyway. After I finished what I was doing, I talked to my parents (and interrupted my mom's progress in making dinner for [censored], which was rather rude of me). Then I did write for about twenty minutes, but just as I was really getting into it, people started gathering to go to dinner.

We went to Azul, which we've been to before - it's a tasty Mexican place near Heavenly village, and the enchiladas and chips (and margarita) made me happy. We had a v. nice, v. stereotypically ski-bum server, which I enjoyed, and Grace drank an entire third of her margarita before giving me the rest of it (so my evil plan of convincing her to get a margarita paid off). Then we came back to the house and played a couple of rounds of Downton Abbey Clue; I sat out the first one, then won the second, so I'll take it.

And now I'm going to go to bed and hope there are no work emergencies tomorrow so that I can focus on zee writing. Goodnight!

No comments: