Wednesday, October 16, 2019

oh black water, keep on rolling

I'm feeling slightly murderous toward the day job at the moment - less murderous than I felt twelve hours ago, since I ate and wrote and brainstormed and walked and ate and drank a bottle of wine since then, but still. I had to do two hours of work this morning because I don't have any managers to delegate to - this will change in the next couple of months, but for now I really don't have another viable backup option. So I dialed into a meeting, where my resting bitch face was probably more of an active bitch face, and then I took care of a few odds and ends before signing off.

Then I tried to put it all behind me - I went over to the other house and made a super tasty breakfast sandwich (for lunch) with a gluten free bagel, some cheddar and ham, and my variant of a folded egg. Then I alternated between writing, brainstorming, and procrastinating, with a break to walk across to Safeway with Anne to get a soda. Anne was super helpful in brainstorming, and I think I just need to move on to the next scene and see what happens.

All productivity stopped around six + we ordered in Thai food, and then I spent six hours hanging out. Writing might have been more productive - but I miss my writing people, so this was v worthwhile time. And now I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: