Thursday, October 17, 2019

if I could find a way to see this straight

My writing retreat is already drawing to a close, which doesn't feel possible. I had a great day today, though - I was going stir crazy, so I spent the morning at Starbucks, where I did a bunch of stuff I'd been putting off, and also journaled for a bit. I also bought myself a couple of Tahoe sweatshirts - they were cheap, and I'm cold, and I also like wearing souvenirs from my retreats to remind myself of my writing life.

Then I came back to my house, procrastinated, took a nap, and eventually wrote about six pages, which I'll take. I had to stop for dinner - Christie is leaving tomorrow instead of Friday, so we went out to celebrate the end of the retreat. We went to Scusa, which is v tasty Italian food, and we had a grand time. Then we came home, hunt out, brainstormed things, etc. I was loath to go to bed, but I'd like to write a lot of words tomorrow, so sleep seems like a good idea. Goodnight!

No comments: