Thursday, October 24, 2019

auf wiedersehen

It's my last night in Berlin, and I'm ready for a too-early wake up time and a flight back to my beloved house. I had a quiet day, which I needed - I slept in, worked in bed for a couple of hours, showered, and then had a currywurst and some fries at the bar downstairs while working for another couple of hours.

I probably could have just kept doing that, but I forced myself out of the hotel - Kristen and I had dinner at a really cute, delicious place I found called Shishi. It looked questionable walking in since we were the only people there, which felt way too romantic... But it slowly filled up, and the vibe was really nice. It was great to catch up after the event in a low-key setting, especially with such great food.

But now, it's over - Berlin has redeemed itself a bit in my mind, although I won't be heartbroken if I never come back. But that's the future, and in the present I need to eke out a few hours of sleep. Goodnight!

No comments: