Wednesday, October 23, 2019

99 luftballons

This is the best trip I've ever taken to Berlin, and that's saying something considering that I had to write some nasty warning emails and my team has decided that me saying "next slide!" in my bitchiest voice is the funniest thing they've ever seen. But really, the event was great. I woke up this morning really not feeling like getting out of bed, but I rallied and made it into the office in time to do some work and then have a bunch of meetings. Most of my meetings were internal - it's my only chance to see some of the team members who work in other offices, so I had a bunch of 1:1s, which was good. I also got my own performance eval from my boss, since she's in Berlin for this event - the context switching between the event + everything else I do was interesting, but all in all it was good.

Tonight was the end of the event, which meant three hours of being 'on' (and one second of yelling 'next slide'), followed by six hours of going out. Kristen planned an amazing event, so we had to celebrate. So a bunch of us ended up at Tante Lisbeth, where we drank moscow mules and threw coasters at each other and generally had a fabulous time. We also made sure that Kristen got her first doner kebab (my third of this trip), and I'm hoping that the food saves my life.

Now, though, I really need to sleep and dream the dreams of the just - goodnight!

No comments: