Monday, October 21, 2019

what you need

Day one of our event got off to a fine start. I spent the morning working, first from the hotel breakfast area and then from a coffeeshop, in an incredibly ineffective and ultimately vain attempt to get caught up on work. You can't miss a week for vacation, plus already be behind before vacation, and hope to catch up in three hours while jetlagged. That's a shame, really, since I desperately need to get caught up like right now and definitely won't.

sssanyway, then I grabbed some takeout lunch and walked over to the event space, where I watched a run through of tomorrow's stuff. And then I came back to my hotel, had a couple of meetings (one involved half a glass of wine, which was nice), and then went to the welcome reception and stayed until the bitter end. At that point a bunch of people were going out, but I need to bring my A-game tomorrow, so I came up to my room and took off my pants. But then I got an urgent ping from Kristen asking for help with something, so I had to make the ultimate sacrifice and put my pants on for another hour. Really, I'm a saint and deserve a raise.

That probably won't happen, though - but at least I'll wake up tomorrow (after seven hours of sleep instead of eight) without a hangover, so there is hope that I'll at least survive the dawn. Goodnight!

No comments: