Monday, October 07, 2019

it's so romantic on the borderline tonight

My parents left this morning, and they somehow managed to make it all the way back to Iowa - I assume that their speed was driven by wanting to spend the night in their own bed, and not because they wanted to leave Colorado as far behind them as possible. I spent a couple of hours this morning seeing them off, and then I drove to work. Happily, they finished the repair on the collapsed portion of the highway and so all lanes in both directions are now opened, which made my commute way better - granted, I didn't leave for work until ten, but it took the 35min it should take rather than the 50min it was taking before.

I wasn't totally #inittowinit at work today - I was a bit too tired, and also a bit too behind to really know where to focus first. But I survived all my meetings, got just a little work done, ate some lunch, and generally thought everything went fine. Then I came home, with a stop to run some errands. When I got home, I ate some leftover pizza, washed some stuff that has to hang dry (I'm leaving for Tahoe/Berlin on Friday, so I need to start prepping), messed around a bit, and then worked for a couple of hours. But I'm not feeling like I'm being super productive, so I'm going to go to bed and hope that I can get a bunch of stuff done tomorrow instead. Goodnight!

No comments: