Thursday, October 03, 2019

lay where you're laying, don't make a sound

I worked from home today, and so while I had a straight slog from 9-3 with a v. brief break to reheat some soup, it was at least more relaxed than if I had driven into the office. But as soon as three p.m. came around, I signed off - my parents are in town for the weekend, and they rolled up around 3:30. I'm v. excited to show them my house (even if half-duplexes in Iowa aren't nearly as impressive as they are in Denver), and I'm also v. excited to show them Denver in hopes that they will come visit this metropolis more often than they came to San Francisco.

So, when they arrived, I showed them the house, and then we spent some quality time out on the back patio. While it now officially feels like fall here, today was a really nice day - so the late afternoon / early evening on the patio was quite delightful. At some point I walked down the street to pick up takeout gluten free pizza from Blue Pan - they kind of screwed it up because they put the wrong toppings on the thin-crust vs. the deep-dish, but I didn't quibble because I was hungry. So we ate pizza, spent some more time on the patio, watched a bit of old Johnny Carson, and eventually ended up on the patio again (this time under the blankets that I bought at Costco, which turned out to be a v. wise investment).

And now I'm going to sleep so that we can do fun stuff in the morning at a reasonably early start time - goodnight!

No comments: