Monday, December 30, 2019

come with me, catch a rare type specimen

I'm in a hotel in the vast interior of Kansas. I am headed back to Colorado, but i-80 through Nebraska was looking dicey and had been closed in spots, so I took i-70 instead. I have never taken this route, so it's almost interesting... But it mostly isn't, since I'm staying in the same brand of hotel as usual, and had the usual sad dinner with several awkward locals at a nearby Applebee's.

But I had a nice, lazy morning at home, and then I said farewell to the family around two. I drove almost straight through, although I had to stop for fuel about four hours in. And I spent half the ride listening to the audiobook of Good Omens by Neil Gaiman - it's pretty funny, so it's good for staying awake.

And now I need to sleep so I can get on the road tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: