Friday, December 27, 2019

i know the score like the back of my hand

Happy two days after Christmas! The last couple of days have been pretty fun, all in all - Drewbaby and Aunt Kathy came down yesterday, and so we ate and drank and played games. It was Kathy's birthday, and I'm not entirely sure she wanted to celebrate it by losing Settlers of Catan, but she seemed to accept it.

Catan was new to most of us; Andrew has played it some, but none of the rest of us had. So we played a few games of it yesterday, and then [censored], Drewbaby, Aunt Kathy and I ended the night by watching a couple of comedy specials in the downstairs living room. I also spent way more time on social media than I should have - I got more embroiled in the latest romancelandia controversy than I usually do (long story short, most of the board and the president have now resigned from the main professional romance writing organization after a flare-up that started on Monday, and I expressed an opinion about the staff that has led to me getting like 200k views on twitter in the last three days - which is probably not a lot for real influencers, but has been a bit distracting for me. sssanyway. This controversy will probably sprout like five different adjacent scandals, and I'm not sure I want to get involved in any of them, but time will tell).

So. When we woke up this morning, we hung out, ate breakfast, and then played a couple of games of Ticket to Ride before Aunt Kathy and Drewbaby headed back to Des Moines. Tonight I convinced the family to play Catan again (although I'm not sure any of them like it), and I managed to claim victory, so now we'll probably never play it again.

And now I really need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: