Monday, December 30, 2019

bury me face down

I spent today prepping to leave ye olde Iowa, and also procrastinating from the prepping. This meant I didn't get out of bed until after ten, and then lazed about the kitchen and ate the v. tasty breakfast that my dad prepared.

I did end up spending a couple of hours of quality time packing my car - between the things I got for Christmas + the fragile things from my bedroom that I decided to finally pack up and take with me, my whole trunk is full. But I'm mostly packed; I also packed my main suitcase tonight, so my only packing-related tasks for tomorrow are to pack my overnight bag with all my many and varied toiletries, as well as pack any snacks or drinks for the road.

Of course, I'm not quite done despite that rosy pronouncement - I also need to deal with all the trash I emptied out of my room (into the hallway), and I'll need to shower, eat, hang out with the fam, etc. But all in all, I'm closer than I usually am - so I'll probably get out of here around noon tomorrow, with the plan of staying in North Platte tomorrow night.

The rest of the day was uneventful. My dad tried out his new popcorn maker - it will probably work really well once he gets the hang of it. My mom made ham and beans for supper (with gluten free corn bread muffins!), which was delish and v. much what I wanted. And then we played Ticket to Ride - I edged out Mom for the first victory, and then lost badly to [censored] in the second.

After that, I packed, messed around, tidied up my desk, and redid my financial records so that my family can piece together what to do in the unlikely event of my untimely demise. And now, with that cheerful task done, I should sleep - goodnight!

No comments: