Wednesday, December 04, 2019

trying to pull ahead, i'm always chasing time

I had a rather insanely busy day at work, and then I sloughed off at 4:30 to get a mani/pedi. I hadn't gotten a manicure since September, which is proof of just how ridiculously swamped I've been - I'm usually fairly religious about #treatyoself activities, especially manicures, but I just haven't been able to make it happen. I did today, though, and my usual nail lady was v. happy to see me (and given the state of my cuticles and the fact that I'd painted my own toenails, it was obvious that I hadn't been cheating on her with some new salon in Denver, which is what she had assumed).

Then I drove home, ate some leftover pizza, laid on the couch for ten minutes because I couldn't handle the idea of doing anything, and then got ready to go to California tomorrow. This involved watering my plants and packing; I was going to try to fit everything in a carry-on, but since this trip is half writing-related and half work-related, and since it's going to be rainy and cold, and since there's a likelihood that people in Mountain View will try to send stuff back with me for the team in Boulder, I decided to just check a bag. I will probably regret this at the baggage carousel tomorrow, but c'est la vie.

And now I'm going to go to bed and get approximately six hours of sleep - goodnight!

No comments: