Sunday, December 01, 2019

as we stand upon the ledges of our lives

I had a surprisingly productive day, especially given that I haven't had time to curl up in my own bed and do nothing for weeks (my last weekend day in my own bed without leaving for the airport was four weeks ago). I did take advantage of some lazy Sunday morning time to read news in bed, but I eventually dragged myself out of it and got on with my day. The first priority was coffee - I didn't have any fresh cream in the house, so I went to Allegro, grabbed a nicer coffee than what I usually make for myself, and journaled for an hour. Then I grabbed some groceries, came home, and spent the day taking care of a variety of tings.

This involved scooping out both my front sidewalk and my back patio path to my garage - some kind neighbor cleared the main sidewalk, but I needed to take care of the path to my front door. I also did four loads of laundry, tidied up the kitchen (after making scrambled eggs and hash browns), finished my Christmas list, took out my trash, and put the new registration sticker on my Audi. I even spent some quality time in the basement - I finally put together the wine rack I'd ordered, which matches the shelves [censored] and I put up downstairs, and I'm really enamored with it. I may have to get another one...or I may have to stop stockpiling wine, one or the other. But I have a temperature sensor down there and I'm extremely unlikely to ruin the wine by temperature fluctuation; the humidity might be a factor long term since the low humidity can apparently cause cork issues, but I doubt I'll keep anything long enough or expensive enough to matter.

Eventually, though, I stopped doing house stuff and took a v. quick shower. Then, Katie, James, and the girls came over for dinner - they picked up pizzas I'd ordered at Blue Pan along the way, so we ate pizza and generally had a v. good time. The girls were very excited to see my place, since they hadn't been here before, and they have now decided they want to move in (even though I have no toys and they had to resort to playing with my door stopper before I played them some kids show on Netflix). So, a good time was had by all, and it was a great way to end the weekend.

After they left, I took care of some laundry, did dishes, ordered stuff online, and generally messed around. And now it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: