Friday, December 06, 2019

so when you cut me, cut me deep

I'm safely ensconced in Veronica's guest room, with the Pacific somewhere outside. I had a very long day - I cut it closer at the airport than I like to, partially because my Uber driver had to get gas before picking me up. But I still had time to grab coffee before boarding, and I got a lot of work done while we sat for a stupid long time on the tarmac, and then I worked the whole way to SF rather than napping like I wanted to.

I eventually made it into the office, where I saw a bunch of people (including a v impromptu lunch with a Singapore director who happened to be in town), and that was all good. Then I spent a v long time navigating rush hour, which seems to be continually worse. When I got to Veronica's, we ate burritos and drank chenin blanc and discussed many things, until my body could no longer discuss (even though my heart wanted to).

And now I must sleep - goodnight!

No comments: