Tuesday, December 24, 2019

give me a break, let me make my own pattern

I inadvertently slept until almost ten, so it's no wonder I've inadvertently stayed up until one a.m. Today was pretty good, all in all - I wandered upstairs to make coffee, and I took care of some tings, and then I showered before going to Osceola with my dad in search of a new phone for him. I successfully switched him over to a Pixel while also resisting the annoying sales pressure tactics of the salespeople, so I consider that a success.

I also saw part of the surrounding areas that I don't usually see, since I would normally take main roads rather than backroads over there. Dad took me through what used to be Lewisburg, and you might never guess that a town used to be there - but there is a small, ancient two-story school (now covered over with tin and badly leaning, but still home to a Masons group), and also a cemetery filled with some of our relatives. The rest of it is mostly fields and hills, plowed over and fading out of memory.

But the weather was gorgeous for December, and we're still here, so let's make the most of it. My dad and I stopped at the grocery store, then came home and ate steak for supper since it was nice enough to grill. Then we all played Ticket to Ride (twice), and now I should really sleep - goodnight!

No comments: