Saturday, December 14, 2019

green lights in your body language

I feel like this is the first day in months where I could take a breath. So, I took it. I slept until 8:30 (a far cry from when sleeping in meant noon, but I'll take it), then drank coffee and journaled, and then puttered around the house. Eventually I ran some errands - in had to do a bunch of returns to Nordstrom, so I went to Flatirons, where I accomplished that + window shopped at Crate and Barrel, Pottery Barn, etc. Then, I did what I never do on the weekend and drove into Boulder - I wanted to pick up the wreath that I'd ordered that finally got delivered to my office yesterday, and I also took the opportunity to procure some Christmas gifts for my team and drop them off at my desk for later distribution. 

I also made a stop at Home Depot, which I visit far more than I used to - I needed some shelves for my office closet, so I procured those + some Christmas lights. I haven't been home this month and am leaving for Iowa on Friday, so I didn't really decorate for Christmas - but I'm planning to score the end of season sales so I can prep for next year.

Then I came home, unloaded my car, messed around a bit, and left again to meet Sarah-Frances and Brea for a drink at Lady Jane + dinner at Bar Dough. I work with both of them and find them delightful, so I'll glad we had a girls night out. The dinner at Bar Dough was particularly tasty - the special was a gnocchi that I decided to pretend was gluten free (gnocchi is potato, but they usually roll it out on a floured surface), and I'll glad I got it because it was incredible. We also had a nice bottle of wine, some dessert, and a lot of fun conversation, so I'm glad we made it happen.

And now it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: