Saturday, December 28, 2019

rebels and mutineers

I had a pretty quiet day in ye olde Iowa. I inadvertently slept until almost ten, which delayed breakfast (they must really love me if they didn't start without me). But then Dad made bacon, eggs, and hashbrowns, and it was all delish. After breakfast I showered and then spent way too much time online, but I eventually broke myself of my relapsed Twitter addiction and spent the afternoon organizing my room.

Since I never feel like cleaning when I'm here, and since I am slowly accumulating detritus from deceased grandmothers, white elephant gifts gone awry, etc., my room has been slowly descending into squalor. I went a long way toward rectifying that today - I threw away a couple of bags of garbage, organized a bunch of stuff to take to Colorado with me, and generally tidied up. I also enlisted [censored]'s help in rearranging furniture - I'm getting rid of the papasan, which was replaced with Gram's recliner and the cedar chest, which is the right height of stand for my old tv.

That all felt like an accomplishment, so I deserved the prime rib that I had when we went out to eat tonight. And now, after having done some more stuff in my room so that I could unearth my bed from the wreckage, it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: