Friday, December 18, 2020

cutting lines and blurring truth

Today was quite lovely, all things considered. I did some desultory journaling and task completion this morning, and then I made lunch - lunch is not something my family typically eats on normal Fridays, but today wasn't a normal Friday because it's my mom's birthday. So I made that fancy wrapped chicken breast with prosciutto and goat/cream cheese, and brussels sprouts, and it was delish. Also, Aunt Kathy came down to drop a couple of tings off, and it was great to see her since I haven't seen her since sometime this summer.

So, we hung out for awhile and it was all v. nice. [censored] showed up sometime around four and is now here for the duration of the holiday, and I'm happy to see him even if it means sharing a bathroom. We ended up having Mexican takeout for dinner; it was v. tasty, and while it was great to have queso, it was sad to discover that Iowa is no longer allowing takeout margaritas (this is not technically accurate - after further research, takeout alcohol is allowed, but it has to be in a tamper-evident sealed container and not a single-use styrofoam or paper cup, which is prohibitive for a lot of restaurants).

Then, after hanging out with the parents for awhile, I came downstairs, joked around with [censored], painted my toenails and fingernails, and generally relaxed. And now it's time for bed - happy birthday to my mother and also to the Chandlord! Goodnight!

No comments: