Thursday, December 10, 2020

let's go out with a bang

Five more working days until vacation through the end of the year. Today was a bit of a doozy, though - I had meetings, I had stressful emails, I had more meetings and stressful emails, and it was all a bit more than I wanted to deal with (as evidenced by the fact that I took one of those meetings while sitting in my armchair with my comfy faux fur blanket). But it wasn't bad, all in all. And I took a walk even though it was only forty degrees, so I feel impossibly smug about that epic feat.

But I didn't wrap up work until after six, at which point I was a bit fried. I talked to my parents while eating leftover shepherd's pie, and then I spent the evening taking care of tings around the house, tings on my computer, tings involving laundry, etc., etc. None of it is exciting but all of it is necessary, which is pretty much the definition of most parts of adulthood.

And now I'm going to stop staring at my screen and do some more tings to unwind before bed - goodnight!

No comments: