Wednesday, December 09, 2020

i could use a hug or a handshake, i could use some drugs or a band-aid

I'm exhausted and should have gone to bed an hour ago - I slept fitfully last night and woke up too early with the knowledge that I needed to get some day job work done. Usually I'm pretty good about boundaries in the morning and focus on journaling, meditation, etc, but today I spent an hour in my pajamas with my coffee, answering email and taking care of tings. That set me up for a much better day overall, but it was still not my preferred way to spend my morning.

Then I slogged all day, with a break for leftover Indian food and a twenty-minute walk. Sometime after five, I closed my work laptop and went to get a covid test in preparation for my trip to Iowa; happily it was negative. But I had to wait in the parking lot for thirty minutes or so, so I spent that time talking to [censored]. After the test, I drove by Bookbar to pick up a book, came home, cooked some shepherd's pie that I had previously made and frozen, did a bunch of laundry, tidied things up, did some Christmas shopping, did a bit of day job work, and overall it was just a lot.

And so now hopefully I'm tired enough to sleep as I need to - goodnight!

No comments: