Monday, December 07, 2020

in the stillness of remembering what you had

Do you ever stop and think about how strange life is right now? Like seriously. I am wearing a red velvet sweatsuit, which is not a thing I ever would have purchased in the beforetimes. I had a zoom call with my writer friends in California tonight, which I would not have done in the past; I would have missed them, but no one would have been zooming (I didn't even know what zoom was tbh). I spent the whole day working in the my dining room, which is now my office, except for getting excited when I got a new kind of mask delivered (spoiler: it wasn't as great as I expected) and when I took a walk around the neighborhood (to make up for the fact that my natural routine yields approx five steps per day). And I just reread my blog from March and it's cute and quaint how I had been alone for five days and wasn't sure how I was going to make it through the "month" of not going into the office that had been announced then....

sssanyway, it is what it is, and I'm weirdly happier than I've been in at least a year, possibly more, so I guess this velvet sweatsuit is good for something. Today was fine - I got up in time to write before work, then slogged all day. I had to work until six, so I didn't bother to make anything fresh for dinner - I just ate leftover pasta and brussels sprouts, then took care of some tings. And then I talked to Barbara, Anne, Grace, and Veronica for a couple of hours - Anne finally convinced me to download tiktok, which means I spent thirty minutes after the call giggling at tiktok videos and I have #noregrets.

But I will have regrets tomorrow if I don't go to bed right now - goodnight!

No comments: