Saturday, December 05, 2020

pour a little salt we were never here

I had a surprisingly productive day, which I suppose is what happens when you get up at 6:30 on a Saturday - and probably also explains why I felt like going to bed at 5pm but have managed to stay up until ten (and am now considering going to sleep immediately). I spent most of the day watching videos from a virtual writing conference - while I am still deeply sad that I'm not in a fancy hotel drinking a fancy cocktail with my fancy friends, I am guessing that I saw way more actual content today because I watched a bunch of sessions rather than slacking off to hang out with people. Some of it was a hit, some of it was a miss - but overall I'm feeling more energized about the business side of writing than I have in ages, and I'm making plans to translate that into actual progress at some point in the near future.

But I couldn't bear to stare at screens all day, so I also took care of a bunch of stuff around the house. I finally put garland and lights along the banister leading upstairs, so my hallways looks delightful. I decorated my mantel and put a bunch of stuff away, so my living rooms feels perfectly cozy. I set up a couple of temperature sensors that I've been meaning to set up (one for the garage and one for my fridge, in addition to the one in the basement) so that I can remotely keep an eye on how tings are doing in the house when I'm gone (which is never these days, but someday will happen). I got a chip in my windshield fixed.  I washed my sheets and swapped out my duvet cover, and I'm counting remaking my bed as an aerobic workout due the challenges of switching duvet covers.

I also treated myself to delivery from Ash'kara, which was delicious and I wish I could sit at the bar and drink a cocktail with Katie. I gave myself a gel manicure (red, to match the season). And I'm wearing a new velvet sweatsuit, which feels utterly ridiculous and wonderful.

And now, after recounting a list of tings I did and absolutely nothing about what I learned in my conference, I'm going to leave you on a cliffhanger (someone at the conference said to do that) and go to bed. Goodnight!

No comments: