Sunday, December 13, 2020

my anxiety and money just compounds

I had a lovely day in ye olde Iowa - not sure how I'm going to motivate myself to work for the next four days, but I'm sure I'll figure something out. I didn't sleep in nearly as late as I normally do when I'm here, since I need to prep myself to still get up at a reasonable hour for at least the next week. And I was motivated to get out of bed by the knowledge that I have a new coffeemaker here - it's the same coffeemaker I have at home, and it means that I can make a pot of coffee in the morning without either making my mom move her coffee into a thermos or messing around with a french press. Yes, I'm basically buying stuff for here like it's my vacation home, but since I usually spend 6+ weeks here over the course of a year, maybe that's not so far off.

I spent most of the day hanging out with my parents and settling in, which involved unpacking, organizing my room, putting together my new desk chair, etc., etc. I also ventured into town to visit the grocery store, which was wildly uneventful. And my mom made one of my favorites for supper (cheeseburgers and fried potatoes, with a side of roasted broccoli), so I'm a happy camper.

But now, I need to go to bed so that I can slog tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: