Tuesday, December 22, 2020

thigh juice

The wind is picking up in rather dramatic fashion outside - it's always windier here than it is most places, but tonight is really bringing it. It was a very nice day for December in Iowa - over fifty degrees, and a bit windy but not so windy that I couldn't take a walk (which I did). But tomorrow the temperature is going to drop all day, and it might get down into the single digits tomorrow night, so that's something to not look forward to.

But I made good use of today, after I finally decided to get out of bed. I ate some breakfast, drank coffee, showered, etc., and eventually drove into town to drop off several boxes of stuff at the thrift store. It is weird, when juxtaposing my parallel lives, to be someplace where I usually know someone in every store I go to (in this case, the woman running the place is the mom of some girls I went to high school with + is in the same club as me and my mom)...when I'm in Denver, and also in San Francisco, that kind of connection is non-existent.

Anyway, I dropped stuff off, which was great because I've been meaning to do it for months (but was thwarted over the summer bc they were closed due to covid). I also washed my car and picked something up for my dad. Then I came home, took care of some more tings, ran back into town to pick up something else for my dad, came home, took a walk around the property, did thirty minutes of day job stuff, etc. Then we ate supper, which was mostly leftovers of the previous evenings' meals, which meant bartering (I gave up rights to all but a bite of the tater tot casserole but got the whole remaining leg/thigh from the chicken I made the other day).

Then I wrapped some presents - 5 down, many many more to go. Then I had a friendship renewal call with Jen, Jane, and Joann - we were all doing a fancy face mask (the skincare kind, not the covid kind) that Joann had recommended, and while it was fun to do it together, it was a bit ill-conceived as a video chat because the solution hardened on our faces so much that it was hard to talk. But my skin feels amazing and it was great to see them, so it was #worthit.

Then I hung out with [censored] while finishing the peach bourbon and coke zero cocktail he'd so generously provided the alcohol for (and watching Billy Joel videos, because that's what we do). And now I should consider sleeping - goodnight!

No comments: