Wednesday, December 23, 2020

the greatest of teachers won't hesitate to leave you there by yourself chained to fate

Today was decent, all in all - at least I got a lot of tings accomplished, which I'll take. I woke up relatively early and did some journaling with my coffee, which is always a good way to start the day. I also ate breakfast, showered, and wrapped some presents - 'tis the season for wrapping, obvi. I thought about taking a walk, since it was over fifty degrees when I woke up - but the wind was already brutal and the temperatures were dropping all day (it was down to 25 by four p.m.), so I decided that a walk wasn't in the cards.

Eventually, my mom and I vacated the house (via car, not via walking) and drove over to my sister's house to drop off Christmas presents. We aren't getting together with her extended family due to the 'rona and the fact that her kids have partners and/or kids, and those kids go to multiple households as well, which means seeing them is like seeing a hundred people. But we dropped some stuff off for them, and it was good to see my sister for a bit, so at least there was that bit of holiday spirit.

Then my mom and I went grocery shopping to prep for the next few days of feasting. Then we came home, put tings away, and then [censored] and I drove into town to pick up takeout Mexican food. This is really the only takeout option in town, which is v. unusual compared to my extravagant takeout life in Denver - but luckily, this takeout option is excellent and I'll happily eat fajitas once a week if I need to. While we were in town, [censored] and I paused to watch a Christmas light display put together by FFA (Future Farmers of America, if you weren't aware) at the high school - they timed the lights to a Christmas song you could listen to on a specific radio frequency, and it was a delight.

Then, after supper, I said goodnight to the parents and came downstairs to wrap more gifts with [censored]. We're ahead of schedule - usually this is a late Christmas Eve activity, but we're done with the exception of some stuff that I'm wrapping for my dad (he always succeeds in conning me into wrapping the stuff he's giving my mom).

I then spent the rest of the evening writing some more Christmas cards, messing around online, and reading a book. And now I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: