Saturday, December 26, 2020

when you fall like a statue

I'm suddenly too tired to blog, so hopefully this stays somewhere on this side of the coherency line. I had a pretty lazy but pretty nice day, all in all - I spent quite a bit of time thinking about writing business stuff (watching a couple of videos I hadn't gotten to from the virtual conference I went to earlier this month, making lists, exploring some bestseller lists to see how various books/genres are marketing right now). I've been pretty checked out from the business side of writing since I've been wandering in the wilderness trying to figure out what's blocking the artistic side of my writing, but I want to get back into it in a serious way in 2021, so I'm trying to seize momentum and figure out how to tackle the next phase of my writing career.

Of course, that's not all I did - I also hung out with my family this morning, talked to Katie, took a shower, and did a family zoom call with my sister's family (her three kids, two kids-in-law, and six grandkids of varying relationship complexity made them way too porous of a 'bubble' to consider seeing in person, but at least zoom works). I took a walk outside and listened to a podcast and didn't freeze or get shot by hunters, so that was a success. And I roasted some tomatoes for my favorite Barefoot Contessa caprese salad. And even though I vowed not to, I got sucked into an episode of Letterkenny with [censored], but I limited myself to one. All in all, it was a good day, and hopefully I can carry some productivity into tomorrow.

But now I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: