Monday, December 21, 2020

tomorrow comes with one desire

I was much more productive today than I was yesterday, but that's not saying much since yesterday was ridiculously sloth-filled. Still, I'll take today and aim to compound it tomorrow. I took care of some tings around the house, showered, etc., and then made a quick trip to town to mail something + pick up some groceries + pick up [censored] from where he had dropped his [censored]. Then I did some more stuff around the house and hung out with the parents. I also had a call with Alyssa to discuss health stuff, which was great.

Then, I ate some avocado to make up for the dinner I embarked upon making - I made tater tot casserole, and I have to say it was pretty great. I think I've perfected my gluten free recipe - since it can't take the canned soup that traditional tater tot casserole uses, I had to improvise. I tweaked a recipe that I found online, and with my tweaking I think I've stumbled upon an excellent solution. So, dinner was v. tasty, and I don't think I have to give up my Iowa card yet since I can still make tater tots.

Somewhere in there, I also stepped outside a couple of times to see the so-called Christmas star - the conjuction of Jupiter and Saturn was pretty cool. It helped that we have relatively little light pollution (although the security light over our driveway doesn't help), so I was able to see it pretty clearly. I love geeky astronomy stuff, so this was right up my alley.

After dinner, I participated in a quick zoom call for Jess's birthday (happy birthday, Jess!), then chatted with my parents for a couple of hours. Then, [censored] and I watched a bunch of SNL clips. And now I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: