Sunday, December 06, 2020

tryna stream my way to a better life

I'm trying to kick the coming week off better than this last week - not that this last week was bad, but the week before I was on vacation and going to bed at one and waking up at nine like my body would prefer, and so it was brutal to get back into day job timing. So, it's 10:10pm and I'm hoping to be in bed in twenty minutes (although I may read for a bit in bed, but that's dangerous....).

Today was good, though. I got up around 7:30 and actually left my house quite early - my usual order of Philz is weirdly delayed (and by 'weirdly' I mean 'entirely to be expected because everyone is ordering tons of shit online), and so I was out of coffee. So I stopped by the pharmacy to pick up a prescription, put gas in my car for the first time in many weeks, and picked up a latte and a bag of beans from Huckleberry. When I got home, I made myself an omelette and reheated some fries (from a takeout order) and green beans (from a different leftover supper), and it made for a pretty tasty breakfast.

Then I ventured out again to pick up a writing book at Bookbar - and it felt like I was a Victorian orphan looking through the window at a wonderland of forbidden treats, because I couldn't go in to browse (browsing is by appointment only) and so I just stared in the window drooling and dreaming of reading books and drinking a glass of wine (Bookbar is a bookstore / wine bar / coffee bar) until the staff found the book I had ordered. Someday, my bookstore friends, we will be reunited...

Then I came home, talked to Veronica, contemplated the story, ate some leftover Thai food, and did a bunch of outdoor work (mostly watering things that needed to be watered). I also talked to my parents, who seemed to be doing well. Then I made supper (spaghetti carbonara and some brussels sprouts, yum), talked to [censored], wrapped up some stuff from the conference I attended this weekend, made some plotting notes for my book, etc.

And now, after a productive weekend and a lot of thoughts about what I should be doing next with my writing, it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: