Tuesday, July 13, 2021

cut out all the ropes and let me fall

Today was a pretty good day, especially considering that I didn't quite get enough sleep to start it off. I had meetings the whole day, which should surprise no one, but I also had decent coffee + leftover steak and scalloped potatoes + a good meeting with my boss, so I'll take it. Then I had a session with Alyssa, which was also a delight.

Then I scrambled to get out of the house and over to Katie's - she had invited me for dinner, and we stayed in at her house so that we could also hang out with James while watching the kids. James made us palomas to drink, and then we had beef skewers, corn on the cob, and green beans, and it was all quite tasty. I also had an entertaining time observing their cats (who for some reason seem to love me); I would make a joke about pussy-appropriate activities here, but I am both a good friend and a lady, so I shall refrain. And we discussed a variety of topics, mostly related to jobs and also to houses in rural areas.

Eventually, it was time for the girls to go to bed and for me to take care of tings, so I came home, tidied up around the house, and gave myself a fresh gel manicure. I probably should have prepped in a slightly different way for a meeting with my VP tomorrow, but I felt like a manicure would serve me better than anything else. And now it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: