Monday, July 12, 2021

waking up to find your love's not real

I'm suddenly too tired to blog - I pushed hard today, which is not my usual 'conserve energy on Mondays' approach, so we'll see how I feel about that decision tomorrow. But I got up this morning and did some business and made coffee and wrote before work, so I felt accomplished even before opening the corporate laptop. Then I slogged from ~10 to 5 without any real breaks. At that point, I talked to my dad for awhile, and then I made dinner - I went fancier than usual for a Monday, which meant potatoes au gratin (aka Barefoot Contessa's version of scalloped potatoes) and grilled ribeye, and it was a total delight.

However, I still had a million things to do for work, and the rest of the week is looking brutal (context for why it's all brutal: I'm down two managers and so am managing a bunch of people directly + things always get brutal in the summer due to our usual planning cycles + everyone is burned out and taking breaks). So I worked from 8-11, which at least put me into slightly better shape for tomorrow, but isn't enough to get me all the way to feeling good about things.

But that's a problem for Future Sara; right now, it's time for bed. Goodnight!

No comments: