Tuesday, July 27, 2021

somewhere between dust and the stars

I'm safely back in Denver and ready to go to bed. Today was mostly uneventful - I woke up, showered, packed, grabbed some coffee and then worked for five hours or so. I'd secured a late checkout, so I was able to get some stuff done, which was nice. Then I met a coworker for a snack at Tartine Manufactory (which was slightly annoying because they were way too aggressive about clearing away all the outdoor tables well before they closed, so it felt rushed).

Then I went to the airport and hung out in the Amex lounge, which was a delight - they had surprisingly good food and also my favorite Seghesio zinfandel, so it was a nice place to do a bit more work and talk to my parents. It also happened to be directly across from my gate, which was convenient. My flight was easy, but unfortunately the drive home took close to an hour (should've been thirty minutes) due to construction on I-70. But I'm home and ready for bed, so I'll take it. Goodnight!

No comments: