Monday, July 19, 2021

when i get home boy you better not be there, you're long gone

Today was hectic, in a good way. I had meetings very intensely from nine to five, and that required a lot of mental energy (and a takeout lunch). But I managed to sign off around 5:20 and drive to Lafayette. On the way I talked to [censored] briefly, who was in surprisingly good form considering he found two (mostly) dead bats in his garage when he got home last night (one never wants to find bats of any kind anywhere near one's sleeping location). And then I met up with Sarah-Frances for happy hour - we hung out at Community and caught up on work and life, which was a delight.

Then we moseyed down the street to a Mexican restaurant, where we met up with another coworker who is brand new to our place of work and so hasn't really gotten to meet anyone in person yet. We had a v. delightful, v. long dinner, and it was a great way to spend a warm Monday night. But even though I have a million work things to do and should probably take a stab at them now, I'm going to go to bed and hope that I wake up tomorrow in time to do them. Goodnight!

No comments: