Saturday, July 03, 2021

super villain with a manifesto, dang

This was one of the most productive vacation days I've had in recent memory (well, tearing down the old house was pretty productive, but in a destructive way, and also unlikely to impact my day to day). [censored] is an excellent house guest because he does not want to do anything fun or go anywhere or take advantage of any activities - instead, he just powers through a massive to-do list of projects that would require me to find multiple service people and spend hundreds of dollars on.

Today's projects: [censored] cut down four small trees, hung a new light fixture, and installed a keypad opener for my garage door so that I can get to my garage from the alley side. I played some role in most of this (like helping with some of the tree cutting, and also touching up the ceiling paint since the new light fixture's plate was slightly smaller than the old one) - but it definitely wouldn't have happened without him. And the new light fixture is awesome - it only took two years to get rid of the light fixture that I hated from the moment I walked in, so now I can move on to obsessing about other things.

At some point in the afternoon, I made a quick trip to Lowes and then picked up a couple of things to make dinner. We continued to make progress through the afternoon, but eventually it was time to clean up. I then made supper (spaghetti carbonara) and we sat around and talked about my sprinkler system (as house guests usually do). We have more projects lined up for tomorrow, but so far so good.

And now I need to sleep if I'm going to be useful tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: