Sunday, July 18, 2021

don't be scared, don't be shy, come on in, the water's fine

Today started inauspiciously but managed to pull itself out of the (literal) toilet, so I'll take it. For some reason my fancy dinner last night did not sit well with me - I woke up an hour after going to bed (but felt like it was five hours later) and immediately had to vomit. I went back to bed, slept an hour, woke up, and vomited again. I then slept through the rest of the night, but it was a very weird experience - it almost felt like those times that I got really sick after eating crab, but I didn't have any crab yesterday and also wasn't nearly as sick as I was in those other moments. So, idk, but hopefully it was just a fluke.

Needless to say, the vomiting episodes made me leery to do much today. So I slept in, and then I ran and grabbed iced coffee and washed my car before coming home to hole up on my patio and write. I wrote for a couple of hours (until it was too hot to sit where I was). Then I ate a bagel in deference to my stomach. And then I took a nap in deference to my exhaustion.

After that, I finally dragged myself out of the house - I had to go to the mall to return something and pick up other things, which I accomplished pretty efficiently. Then I came home, ate some ice cream, and talked to my parents (who were in fine form). Then I went down the street to my favorite Mexican restaurant and had an early dinner while writing another couple of pages (this time in my journal, since I haven't been there enough to establish myself well enough to just pull out my laptop, but maybe that time will come). And then I came home and talked to [censored] while he drove home.

Now, unfortunately, it's time for bed - work is looking hectic this week, and I would be best served by going to bed immediately so that I can start the week with a bit more sleep than usual. Goodnight!

No comments: