Monday, July 05, 2021

he never smiles, he keeps it candid

[censored] is still here, even though he had intended to leave sometime this afternoon. This is to my benefit, as it meant that he did more projects today instead of skipping town. It wasn't all work - he did have a friend from grad school come over, and so we hung out on my patio for a couple of hours. But after that, it was back to the house slog. Today's list included finishing installation of my irrigation control box, installing three new smoke/CO detectors, hanging a mirror, doing some more surreptitious chopping at the tree of heaven debris over my fence line, removing the forming materials on the cement that is now shoring up my fence, putting on a new outlet cover in my backyard, and cutting some dead branches out of my tree that were hanging perilously over my garage.

At some point, that was enough stuff for today, and [censored] loaded his truck with the intent of leaving tonight. But he wanted to do a bit of work for his job first, so I took a shower and napped briefly and called the parents to see what they were up to. Then I picked up pizza from Blue Pan as a farewell dinner for [censored]. However, after eating he decided that he didn't want to head back to [censored] tonight after all, so he kept working and I did a bunch of organizational / financial stuff to try to figure out what absolutely needs to get done tomorrow during my final vacation day.

And now, I should sleep - [censored] is supposedly leaving early tomorrow, and I want to get up to see him off. Goodnight!

No comments: