Tuesday, July 06, 2021

riding the storm out

Today was the last day of my long weekend, so the Sunday Scaries were actually the Tuesday Scaries. I got up this morning a little before six to bid farewell to [censored], and I intended to just sleep for another hour before getting on with my day - but instead I slept until nine. I guess I needed it, but it threw off my morning.

However, I then went to a new-to-me coffeeshop and wrote for almost three hours, which was a total delight. I haven't written in a coffeeshop in forever, and while this one was still maintaining social distancing and isn't fully back to normal, it was back to normal enough that I was supremely happy to be there and writing again.

Then I should have run errands, but I was feeling v. lazy, so I didn't. I did, however, have a call with Alyssa; we did some stretching and breathing exercises which helped since I seem to have tweaked my whole right side while doing stuff this weekend and my calf and neck were both stiff (thanks for reminding me that I'm getting older). And then I ordered sushi, did some stuff around the house, took a brief walk before getting rained out, and wrote for another hour.

And now I'm going to try to go to bed early so that I can write before work tomorrow (or at least have a more relaxed morning than I sometimes do) - goodnight!

No comments: