Sunday, July 04, 2021

he knows all the words to mr. brightside

[censored] and I had another great vacation day, although vacation day seems like a cruel misnomer. I took it a little easy this morning and mostly rearranged things in my living room (making space for more books, moving a table with plants on it, etc), but then we got cracking on outdoor activities. [censored] spent most of the morning creating a method to shore up my fence, which is sagging badly under the onslaught of my neighbor's untrimmed overgrowth. So [censored] cut some wood to create forms for cement, and then he mixed and poured cement around the fence pillars so that it will harden up and support the fence. We'll see how it looks tomorrow, but that seems like a good short-term solution to me!

While [censored] was doing cement work, I did a bunch of cutting of tings - I broke down all the stuff [censored] cut down yesterday so that I can compost it over the next couple of weeks, which was all a good endeavor. I also helped [censored] with some stuff related to my irrigation line, which was going to get buried under [censored]'s fence solution. And I ran and got some groceries and we also order sandwiches from Snarf's, which were a total delight.

Sometime in the afternoon, Aunt Becky came over - she's in her Colorado house as of yesterday, so we invited her up for supper. She got here early enough that we were able to hang out for quite awhile, and I made caprese salad (roasted tomatoes + mozzarella) and the proscuitto-wrapped stuffed chicken breasts that [censored] like, with some mashed potatoes for good measure. We had a lot to catch up on, and it was nice to do so over tasty food (even if my dining room now feels like my office to me and may feel like that forever).

After we were done eating, Aunt B went home and [censored] and I made a Home Depot run. I had told him I wouldn't make him go to Home Depot four times on this trip, but he has gone twice (and I went to Lowes without him yesterday), so it's a good thing he's leaving tomorrow before we can hit his limit. We picked up a couple of tings + a new irrigation control box, which [censored] installed tonight.

And now, I'm falling asleep in my chair and I need to get up and at 'em tomorrow to get tings done before [censored] leaves. Goodnight! 

No comments: