Sunday, July 25, 2021

you just need a better life than this

I had a gorgeous day in the city of sin, but now I need to go to bed asap so I can recover for tomorrow. The day started off with iced coffee and egg bites from the Starbucks down the street, and then I got a massage / bodywork session that undid a bunch of tension (which I'm sure I'll redo in due course). Then I sat at a coffee shop in the Richmond and journaled for awhile, which always feels great.

I then met up with the original Jen Lui for an extended lunch experience. Her birthday was yesterday (happy birthday!) and happily she was free to come up to the city today despite the fact that I just made all these plans this week. She met me on Clement Street and we hit up two different dim sum places + a place where Jen could get some roasted duck and barbecued pork to take home with her. We got the dim sum as takeout and headed to the Presidio, where we spread out a picnic blanket and snacked on dim sum while discussing life and enjoying the sun and views of the water (and not quite enjoying the wind, but it was bearable). I hadn't had har gow or siu mai or egg custard buns or anything with taro in at least eighteen months, so this was a total win (even if we over ordered).

Jen and I hung out for almost four hours - we've had pandemic zoom calls, but we had a lot to catch up on and it was so lovely to hang out in real life. We also grabbed boba tea (sans boba since I was so full, but the tea was delish) before parting ways, and it was pretty much a perfect afternoon.

Then I came back to my hotel, took a nap, took a quick shower, and talked to my parents. Then Chandlord picked me up to take me to Adit and Priyanka's for dinner, but this got me waylaid into stopping at her friend Sarang's house to do a favor for him, which led to a hilarious conversation that also made us unfortunately late for dinner. But dinner got back on track, and we had a lovely, lowkey conversation, and longtime readers will be shocked to know that the four of us didn't even finish a bottle of wine, which is v. sedate and adult-like compared to my usual shenanigans with Adit.

Then Chandlord brought me back to my hotel, and now I need to sleep so I can pursue more fun tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: