Monday, November 22, 2021

all eyes on me, i feel like i'm a superstar

Today was a great first official day of vacation. I mostly spent it preparing to do house stuff - kitchen stuff, organization stuff, etc. At some point, [censored] and I went to the lumber yard to buy paint - I got a couple of samples, but they told me I can only get three more because they only have three more quarts of the base, so I need to choose wisely. Paint is apparently in short supply and Kent can only order four gallons of ceiling paint a week - so I bought four, and we'll see where that gets me.

I also looked at flooring - it's not the most important thing to do here, but it's a) good to do before there's a ton of furniture, b) probably a good idea since most of the carpet is 30 years old, and c) imperative to know whether I'm doing because it will dictate how careful I am with painting. I definitely didn't make any decisions, but it was helpful to get a sense of what it's going to cost so that I can make some plans.

Then, I ran past the grocery store (and ran into two different high school teachers), dropped things off at my house, and went to my parents' house, where I made tater tot casserole. It turned out deliciously, if I do say so myself. And now, I am going to attempt to go to bed and get a lot of sleep so that I can tackle some other projects tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: