Sunday, November 14, 2021

killing your idols is a chore

I'm for some reason quite tired, so I suppose I should go to bed rather than engaging in bedtime procrastination like I normally do. Today was good, though - I was in a much better mood than I was yesterday, and so I got a lot more done. I spent the morning making some chicken tortilla soup for a coworker whose daughter came down with covid yesterday; her son and husband tested positive today, so they are not having a good weekend. I also talked to [censored] for much longer than the few minutes I was asked to donate, but it was great to solidfy plans for Thanksgiving and what we will / will not do at my Iowa house.

Then I ran a couple of errands, took the soup to my coworker's house (which was a bit of a trek, since she lives 45mins away), and got my first peppermint mocha of the season. Then I went to Lowes, where I hit the painting supply section hard - painting in the main task for my break back in ye olde Iowa, so I wanted to make sure I had some baseline supplies. And then I came home, talked to my parents, ate takeout Thai food, wrote for a little bit, and then ordered some stuff for Iowa. My parents' front hall is turning into a warehouse (not the first warehouse in the family, probably not the last) since I'm shipping stuff to them rather than to my own house, and it's probably going to get worse this week since I just ordered some lamps, pillows, and a comforter (thanks Mom!).

And now, I should make good on my earlier statement and go to bed - goodnight!

No comments: