Sunday, November 07, 2021

dawn breaks like a bull through the hall

I didn't get nearly enough sleep last night and I was dragging all day, and so even though it's only 9:30pm I think I'm going to go to be early and hope that I can get up early enough to do the work I should have done this weekend. Today was great, though - I spent the morning lazing around and talking to [censored] about measurements for some tings at my Iowa house. Then I spent an afternoon browsing in person at Crate and Barrel and also Room and Board - I don't want to go too overboard buying furniture for Iowa, especially when there are many tings that need to be done before we get into the cosmetics and aesthetics of the furniture. But I also want it to feel comfortable when I'm there, which probably means I need more than just the sectional the previous owner left behind.

After I was done browsing (and got some great ideas), I drove home and talked to [censored] some more. Then I talked to my parents. And then I made dinner - I tried making soft tofu soup, which is one of my favorite comfort foods from San Francisco that I never get here. It turned out surprisingly well - perhaps 10% less good than the restaurant version, but still 90% better than I expected on my first try. So, yesterday's wandering around H Mart was #worthit, and this was so easy that it may become a comfort food here too.

And now, I should sleep - goodnight!

No comments: