Tuesday, November 23, 2021

i dyed my hair blue, it came out a seasick sort of green

I need to go to bed immediately because [censored] and I have grand plans to go to Des Moines in the morning to pick up a million house goods. Today was great, though. I got plenty of sleep last night, made coffee when I got up, and wrote for almost an hour, which was fantastic. I then spent the morning prepping some tings and painting samples of paint on the walls in the living room and guest room - I'm not sure I've found the right color, but at least I made a start (which now means I can't change my mind about painting).

I took a break at lunch and went to my parents' house, where I talked to them while eating leftover Mexican food from the other night. I spent the afternoon messing around my house some more - there are a million things I haven't done, and not in the upbeat peppy way of the song from Hamilton. But I have some ideas about next steps, so I'm ready to get cracking.

I took another long break at supper - [censored] had picked up bratwurst from the next town over, so we had brats and baked beans and it was perfect. It was not ideal weather for grilling - it was a clear night earlier and I could see a million stars, but the wind was pretty brutal and has gotten worse. I stood outside with my dad while he grilled, which was not the same as offering to do it for him, but at least there was solidarity, right?

After dinner, I talked to my mom for awhile, and then I came into town and messed around counting things that need to be replaced and giving [censored] moral support while he stood in the basement and looked at the plumbing setup and mumbled to himself. [Censored] also fixed my bathroom faucet aerator so that it doesn't shoot water out like needles, so that was pretty great. And now, I need to sleep so I can get cracking tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: