Sunday, November 21, 2021

one for the now and eleven for the later

I'm in my house in ye olde Iowa, where there are approximately a million things I want to do. Today was extremely uneventful - I woke up in Lincoln, showered, packed, had a bit of hotel breakfast, grabbed a bit more breakfast and coffee at a McDonald's in Nebraska City, stopped for gas in Mt Ayr, and was home by 12:30. I got my car unloaded thanks to some help from [censored]; I'm certainly not unpacked or settled in, but at least my car is empty.

Then I went to my parents' house, which is less than five minutes away, so that I could liberate them from all the boxes that showed up over the last ten days. There's more coming, but the arrival of a trash can today meant their front door was officially blocked. Of course, I said hi to them as well - and after we chatted for a bit, [censored] helped me load everything into my car and [censored]'s truck so that we could relocate it all to town. We got everything but the paint sprayer (did I mention I have a million projects?), but that can wait.

Then I went back home, took a nap, and then ran into town to grab takeout Mexican for dinner. I spent some more quality time with my parents, but eventually I came to my house, where I put together one of the four lamps I ordered (this house is v. dark because there aren't enough lights), hauled stuff upstairs, tidied up, and talked to [censored] about various house projects + (unrelated) various comedy shows. On my drive today I listened to the rest of the excellent SmartLess interview with Ryan Reynolds, and I also listened to Conan interview Weird Al, so comedy was on my mind.

And that's a good thing, because this house is comedy and I definitely have some tings to joke about with it. But for now I really need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: