Saturday, November 27, 2021

all my favorite colors

No blog tonight - I didn't get nearly enough sleep last night, and I exerted myself all day. I didn't get a chance to play with my new paint sprayer, but I did get as much as possible prepped for tomorrow. Forward progress on other activities was halted due to [censored]'s more pressing need to install a new hot water heater, but I now have hot water and [censored] is still speaking to me, so I take that all as a good sign.

So, [censored] successfully got the water heater installed and it looks much better than how the previous one was hooked up, so I'm grateful for that. [Censored] also put in the new shower head in my bathroom, so I may truly enjoy the hot water tomorrow. My dad also spent some time outside with a skid loader and a dump trailer - the previous owner had left a raised flower bed made of old railroad ties, which was good in some ways because I could see it looking good when it was full of flowers (and it also kept you from backing straight into the tree stump that was part of the flower bed). But it was also bad because it made getting in and out of my driveway more challenging than it needed to be.

I also ran some errands - primarily to buy paint, which is in such short supply nationally that the lumber yard can't get a lot of stuff and I may not be able to get enough paint there to finish every room in my house in the next month. But, they mixed me six gallons and sent me on my merry way without having to sign or pay for anything (see: yesterday's post about the beauties of charge accounts in small towns). So we'll see what that means...but that's a problem for Future Sara.

And now, I'm falling asleep typing this and have a million things I want to get done tomorrow. Goodnight!

No comments: