Friday, November 12, 2021

here we are in the pouring home

Yay for the weekend - I'm definitely ready for it. I had too many meetings for a no-meeting-Friday (like, six hours of meetings, plus a couple of hours of work before and another hour after). And some of them were so annoying as to be completely laughable. But overall, the day was fine - and now I'm ready to start the weekend in earnest.

Sometime around the end of the day, my phone buzzed to tell me that my dad was waving at me - he pulled into my driveway in Iowa just to wave at my camera and leave. So, we caught up for a bit, which was nice. I should have made something delightful for dinner, and I suppose I did to some extent - I tried a new-to-me cocktail from the Cocktail Codex (which so far has never steered me wrong). It's a Southside, with gin, lime, mint, simple syrup, and bitters, and it was so good that I had two. The second one was paired with chicken nuggets and sweet potato fries from the freezer, which were pretty delicious (especially on the second cocktail; and especially since these gluten free chicken nuggets were pretty good). And then I worked on the design for my Christmas card - I'm not feeling a lot of cheer or good will towards men right now, but I'm going to try to fake it.

And now I think I'll go to bed so that I can do some fun tings tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: