Sunday, July 24, 2022

and sometimes you close your eyes and see the place where you used to live

I'm fairly content with what I got done today, although it didn't really feel productive - I mostly spent it moving cabinet swatches around my kitchen and looking at them every hour or so as the light changed. But otherwise, my day was good - I also covered some old closet shelves in contact paper to make them more usable, took care of some various paperwork, talked to [censored] a lot about travel plans (which was hilarious, as we discussed basically every permutation and then settled on keeping tings exactly as currently planned), and did some cleanup in the garage. So, I'm leaving things here in better order than they were when I got here, which is all you can really ask for.

At some point, [censored] and I went out to the parents' house for supper, where we had v. tasty cheeseburgers and sweet corn. We also got to watch three kittens fight each other for supremacy on the porch, which was highly entertaining. And then I spent the rest of the night contemplating cabinetry and doing laundry, which is a nice end to Sunday.

And now I must sleep - goodnight!

No comments: