Friday, July 01, 2022

i want you to hold out the palm of your hand

I have nothing to report, and since I didn't sleep well last night and need to be up early tomorrow, I should go to bed asap. I went into the office today, which was rather hilarious since I felt like the only person there - there were signs of life in the form of the sound of distant footsteps, and they did serve breakfast/lunch. But I sat in the barista area to work and served myself some cold brew, and at some point someone showed up and asked the barista for a latte, and he said that they were his first customer. This was at noon or something ridiculous, so tings are still a far cry from pre-covid office times...

I did sneak out early (if you sneak out of an empty building, is it really sneaking?) and come home, where I did a bit more work, took care of various house tings, relaxed, etc. And now I need to sleep - I have a relatively early flight to ye olde Iowa tomorrow morning, and I want to get to the airport early enough to indulge in my usual airport breakfast. Goodnight!

No comments: