Sunday, July 03, 2022

why don't we leave here today

 I am in ye olde Iowa again - sorry for not blogging last night, but after my flight and helping (well, mostly watching) [censored] do a bunch of stuff around the house, I was too sleepy to come up with a post. I'm feeling similar levels of sleepiness right now, so much so that I think I'll go to bed even though it's not quite ten p.m. and a ten p.m. bedtime for my is usually impossible.

But today went pretty much according to plan - I spent it prepping to spray paint my office, and I got everything taped, cleaned the walls and ceiling, etc. I still need to finish running masking paper along the baseboards to protect the carpet, and I need [censored]'s help to take down the light fixture and move my desk, but otherwise I'm in good shape.

And, eventually, I took a break to have dinner with my parents - my mom outdid herself with potato salad and deviled eggs to go with the bratwurst and baked beans we often have in the summer, and it was delicious. I'm still trying to figure out how to feed myself multiple meals a day with no takeout / delivery options when I'm here, so it's v. nice to supplement by eating with my parents.

And now, I really need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: