Tuesday, July 19, 2022

just like me she was a victim of the night

Oof, I had a hectic day. I worked from home this morning because I was expecting a delivery, and as soon as it showed up I wrapped up one more meeting and then drove into the office. It's hilarious that I'm still going since I really don't have to (for reasons I shall divulge shortly), but I wanted to go in today and see some people in person. That involved running into someone else who had only come in for lunch, and then feeling like I had the barista to ourselves when I had a meeting with Andy. But it was still a nice way to spend a few hours, even if I had a lot of work I wanted to get through.

However, the reason for my blog silence in general and my hectic time specifically is: I have officially resigned (again) from my place of employment. This has been in the works for the past few weeks and was actually public at work a couple of weeks ago, but my last day is this coming Friday. I'm pretty delighted overall by this move, since I've been somewhat underchallenged for awhile - and, more to the point, I'm eager to get back into writing and write this fantasy novel that I've been messing around with.

So, that's all pretty great. Of course, it's not great that the economy / world has chosen now to become more unstable - but I can't wait forever for the perfect time to leave.

I have other life updates to share, and other emotions about this change - but for now, I need to sleep since I have a million meetings and an equal number of goodbyes tomorrow. Goodnight!

No comments: