Tuesday, July 05, 2022

heads carolina, tails california

I had a pretty good vacation day, but it's back to the grind tomorrow. Luckily the grind doesn't start very early since I'm in the central time zone... so I'm planning to paint the ceiling in my office before starting work. The actual spraying time is about 45min, with time on either side to prep and clean the sprayer, so this seems like a reasonable plan. It's especially reasonable since it was about 85 degrees in my office this afternoon since it's covered in plastic and is officially a greenhouse. It was almost too hot to spend time in there masking the walls, and it was definitely too hot to consider putting on multiple layers to protect against all the splatter that happens when painting a ceiling.

But despite sweating excessively this afternoon, the rest of the day was good. I ran to the next town over to talk to the cabinet lady about plans to improve upon Marvin's odd aesthetics. I also grabbed some groceries before spending a lot of time prepping for ceiling paint with [censored] (who continues to be a most helpful buddy). And I spent some time unwinding, looking at ceiling light fixtures, etc.

And now I need to sleep despite the thunderstorm hanging around outside - goodnight!


No comments: